SSLAG Parents Network (SPN) ensures that parents throughout Lagos State have their say on decisions that affect their children.
What are the benefits of the SSLAG Parents Network? In this post, I will be sharing some benefits you can get by joining the SSLAG Parents network and tips on positive parenting.
1. Parents can have a say in the management of safety in schools and help shape activities and policies for their children.
2. Parents also have the opportunity to meet for support and chat at regular get-togethers physically or online to share experiences and information.
3. SSLAG Parents Network (SPN) also provides a way for school teams, the Government, and relevant professionals to find out what parents really think and what issues are important to them.
Parental tips for raising Toddlers
Here are a couple of things to learn about being a parent of toddlers:
1. Continue to talk, sing and read to your child.
2. Nurture your child’s love for books by taking them to the library or a book store. Also find time to read with your child, and vary the type of book: comics, newspapers, religious books, novels, etc
3. Teach responsibility in small steps, starting with simple things like picking up their toys.
4. Let your child help with simple chores.