Parents need to understand that as a child becomes more independent he or she will spend more time in the outside world.
It is important that you and your child are aware of ways to stay safe. In this post, I will share what you can do to protect your child.
Here are a few tips to help protect your child:
Positive parenting tips:
- Tell your child why it is important to stay out of traffic. Tell him not to play in the street or run after stray balls.
- Be cautious when letting your child ride her tricycle. Keep her on the sidewalk and away from the street and always have her wear a helmet.
- Check outdoor playground equipment. Make sure there are no loose parts or sharp edges.
4. Watch your child at all times, especially when he is playing outside.
5. Be safe in the water. Teach your child to swim, but watch her at all times when she is in or around any body of water (this includes kiddie pools).
6. Teach your child how to be safe around strangers: never accept gifts or sweets from a. stranger.
7. Keep your child in a forward-facing car seat with a harness until he reaches the top height or weight limit allowed by the car seat’s manufacturer.
8. Once the child outgrows the forward-facing car seat with a harness, it will be time for him to travel in a booster seat, but still in the back seat of the vehicle.
KEEP THE DATE and join the SSLAG (Safe Schools Lagos) Parents Network Conference. Please see the details below.
DATE: 19th June, 2022
TIME: 5pm to 7pm
Click the link https://bit.ly/3P4jz8g for pre-registration
#parentaltips #schoolrun #education #safety