The Capacity Building Conference (CBC) is one out of the 4 key elements of the Safe Schools Lagos (SSLAG) framework.
This is an advocacy workshop which Involves gathering of school owners, administrators and teaching staff into one venue, drawn from all around Lagos city. It holds once every month at the government secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos.
The Project Lead for this project is SchoolRun Academy Ventures led by Dr Bisi Esuruoso, while the regulating government body is the Lagos State Safety Commission and the Lagos State Government, under the supervision of His Excellency, Governor Babajide Sanwoolu.
The CBC boasts of an array of representatives of the Lagos State Safety Commission, collaborators who are subject matter experts drawn from different sectors. Such as Insurance, Health and well-being, Banking, security, FMG manufacturing, school supplies and safety products etc.
At the Capacity Building Conference, delegates:
• Learn the nitty gritty (details) of the reasons the project Safe Schools Lagos (SSLAG) was established in Lagos State.
• Get relevant awareness of steps they must take in their compliance journey with the SSLAG framework (Ultimate goal of what it means to schools).
• Get knowledge of emergency preparedness, which highlights what hazards, risks, ill-health, accidents and rescue is all about within a school environment.
• Understand who the Safe Schools Alliance vendors are and the services they will provide to schools in ensuring children’s safety, e.g. Insurance companies, Safe Recruitment Checks, Tech (IT) companies, etc.
• Learn how to activate a stimulating Safe School environment through SSLAG’s defined procedures, standards, and ethical practices in schools.
• Understand what it means for the entire school structure, including management, staff, children, all school sections, and visitors to be aware that safety is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone knows that education within the school environment must be delivered bearing safety in mind to ensure no harm comes to anyone.
• Get a step-by-step guide/information on First Aid specialist training and emergency rescue training.
• Get an introduction to the SSLAG digital application website and school upload.
Furthermore, delegates questions are answered by the SSLAG Implementation team members and all the frequently asked questions regarding the Safe Schools Lagos Project are also presented to participants.
Why don’t you register to be a part of the next one coming up in September 2023 by clicking the link below:
Article submitted by Jumoke Michaels
28th July 2023